Work in Progress
Twister for freestylers
Shipping of sports clothing to Europe, Australia and New Zealand
With its carhartt brand, clothing company Work in Progress GmbH is a favourite in the skateboard and BMX scene when it comes to sportswear. To get the trendy branded articles to shops and to end customers quickly, WIP has built a new logistics centre in Weil am Rhein, and has concentrated and restructured the storage, order-picking and shipping processes there. In the existing building, general contractor SSI SCHAEFER installed a logistics complex of around 18,000 m2 with almost 60,000 storage spaces and an eight-aisle automatic small parts store for cartons and containers. Among other things two storage and retrieval machines (SRM) with efficient Twister V load carrying device have doubled throughput to up to 1300 units per hour compared to the previous solution. They also facilitate the inward storage and allocation of pre-picks.
- To replace mainly manual activities with an automated and cost-effective solution
- Replace the satellite warehouses
- Logistics processes restructured and concentrated in one place.
- Doubling of the order lines per day
- Create storage spaces for four different carton sizes and sufficient container storage positions
- Information and consulting
Just give us a call:
+44 (12 64) 38 66 00We are going to help you!
- The project in detail
- Case study
Our range of products and services:
- Implementation planning
- Racking system
- Storage and retrieval systems (small parts)
- Container/carton conveyor system
- Warehouse management and control system
- Spare parts package and maintenance contract